Tuesday 12 April 2011

of teething and lack of naps....

Babykins is not a baby who likes napping. Naps are a thing to be shunned and ignored and fought against for as long as possible. Even when we try to have a quiet time to aid the ability to nap just doesn't work she will fight her way through.

The one thing she does like is the carrier, but even that can take a long time to aid the napping process and there is no guarantee that on carefully taking it off that she will remain asleep long enough to put her down. So when she does nap I try hard to get as much in and as much done as i can and this leads to tired mummy.

We're also on a teething jag right now which probably isn't helping the napping, she's constantly chomping on something and pulling fingers to her mouth to chew on.  I know it's going to get worse before it gets better.

And babykins is getting very very talkative, she spent ages yesterday talking to her nanny and cousins over in England. She loved it. I did too, after she talked to my eldest niece we talked to my eldest nephew who at 8 was very interested in what babykins calls me and his uncle and telling her that her mummy is his god mummy. He was also very concerned and told me all about that there had been an earthquake and tsunami in Japan and the tsunami had reached America and had it got to us......I told him we were fine that we're the far side from Japan and it didn't get anywhere near us.....he does worry so much  - bless him

No comments:

Post a Comment